Tuesday 24 January 2006

AAAAAAAAARRRRGGGH!!!! Part 2

Have had a repeat of the same problem described in the previous post - last time it happened with Victoria 3 RR, this time with the Freak RR. Both of these figures have a LOT of morphs and a lot of places on their bodies that need colouring - plus I've got them both wearing Treadz (tough-looking boots supplied by DAZ Productions) which are complicated figures in themselves. In both cases I lost the figures when Poser ran out of memory, and rather than not saving them at all, the program just saved them as blank Poser files. A lot of work consigned to oblivion in the blink of an eye.
The solution? I'm still working on that. What I am doing is saving each of those figures twice, so if one gets "blanked", there is at least an older copy in existence. I'm also avoiding adding toon shading to the figures boots.

Another curiosity is that, when I toon shade these Millennium figures (as DAZ calls them) - Victoria or Michael or the Freak - they get a jagged black outline appearing around their head in renders. Except when they are in close up.

No comments:

Post a Comment