Tuesday 21 June 2011

People - Aaargh!

I am trying to draw a picture to be used in Climbers (Sunday School) this Sunday, something to photocopy and hand out to the kids to colour in.  The subject is "Nathan Accusing David" - unfortunately a major obstacle is my inability to draw human figures.  It's been a pain in the neck forever - I can draw animal characters, robots, almost anything except people.  Every cartoonist/illustrator develops their own "visual language", a kind of shorthand to enable them to draw most things on spec as the story demands.  Charles Schultz, for example, had his own unmistakeable shorthand for children and you wouldn't mistake his round-headed, dot-eyed, virtually legless characters for anyone else's.  Yet somehow I've never managed to come up with my own solution to this visual problem.

btw I've also been attempting to make this blog look a bit more presentable, fiddling around with layouts, widgets etc.  So if it looks a bit of a mess for a while, that is why.

No comments:

Post a Comment