Wednesday 13 May 2015

Back to the 3rd dimension

I have recently (as in a few weeks ago) had a workplace accident and broken my left wrist and right ankle.  As bad as this is, it could have been a lot worse, as I am still free to use my good hand (my right) to continue with my creative pursuits while housebound.
A lot of my recovery time has been spent working on my 3d figures, making improvements to the geometry and re-doing the texture maps on the characters to make them more user-friendly.  A chap that I met online has been attempting to rig my figures, with a view to us selling them together on the Renderosity website.  In the process of rigging them, he has come across issues with the models and provided some valuable feedback, things that I wouldn't have known to improve on my own.
I thought I was done with 3d.  Having embraced traditional media again, and fallen back in love with pencil sketching, I put my old 3d models online with a "help yourself" notice, only for this fellow from the States to get in touch and draw me back in again.  And suddenly this accident happens and I have almost unlimited time to work on my characters.  It's a funny old world.
However, every gift from God comes wrapped in a problem, as a mate of mine from Yorkshire once said.  The guy who's been rigging my characters has got tendonitis, which affects both of his hands.  Last night he emailed to say that he'd been unable to do anything over the last five days because of the state of his hands.  This leaves me wondering what's going to happen if his health doesn't improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment