Saturday 27 August 2016

Framing

I am in the process of trying to print and frame some of my drawings, with a view to possibly exhibiting them somewhere.  I have nowhere definite planned to exhibit, but people keep saying I should, and I can't exhibit without first printing and framing my pictures.  There are a number of considerations, however, and this is all new territory for me:
  •  Where to print.  I tried one photo printing place online, and the colour of the pictures got lost a bit in translation.
  • Framing.  IKEA list a number of different types of frame, all with funny names, and with dimensions given for each type of frame.  I don't know whether what they are giving is the size of the frame or the size of the picture each frame will accommodate.
  • What to print on.  Matt or gloss?  Textured or non-textured?

No comments:

Post a Comment