Monday 14 November 2016

Bumps in the road

Having produced a couple of business card designs using a template that I found online (see previous post) I uploaded them to a printer's website last week, only to discover that the dimensions I'd used weren't standard business card dimensions.  The template that I used was, I assume, for hardcore artistic professionals who print their own cards.  I spent Friday evening re-doing the cards to use the correct dimensions, regretting the wasted time.
These are the sorts of things that vaccuum up the time.  It is very rare that any artistic project, no matter how small, turns out right on the first go, and occasionally something will have to be done over from scratch as there will be no way to salvage what I've already done.  I have a number of pictures on the go at the moment, that are being held up by various factors - refererence material isn't available, or there are technical issues, or I just can't make a decision regarding which approach works best with a particular picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment