Sunday 18 December 2005

Poser 6

I've finally updgraded to Poser 6, having resisted the urge to do so for a long while because the new features didn't seem all that plentiful or worth upgrading for. However, I was sold by the work that someone else has posted on his website that uses Poser 6's toon shading to beautiful effect. Having got the new version installed on my computer, I've been spending the past week trying to work out how to use it to get that Anime look.
Finally, my experimentation yielded some results, as seen above. The wonderful thing about Poser 6's toon shading is that, unlike the technique that I've been using with Poser 5 renders, it doesn't require any postwork, and you can use textures on figures - although it is likely that most textures will have to be altered to make them look a bit more toon-like. You also don't have to have a ground object for the character's shadow to appear in the render.
Work on the website has ground to a halt for the moment, but hopefully it will start again sometime after all the madness of Christmas has died down.

No comments:

Post a Comment