Saturday 3 December 2005

Website

Have made a start on a new website, showcasing some of my 3d stuff, hopefully to give it a bit of exposure, since it seems pointless doing the work if nobody sees it. The difficult thing is knowing what to put on the website and what to put on this blog - it would be better, if possible, to avoid posting the same stuff twice. Ultimately, this blog may end up becoming completely redundant.
At present I am planning to have several pages covering different categories:
  1. Links to various handy resources on the web (having come across a fair number in my obsessive searching of the last couple of years).
  2. Humourous work - I have done a bunch of models in Wings 3d and have turned a couple of them into Poser figures and used them in scenes.
  3. Razorback. Scenes and figures, and maybe the first chapter of the story for download in pdf form (if I can figure out how to do that!).

I originally planned to make some of my models available on the web to download, as Poser figures, but the process of rigging models in Poser turned out to be more teeth-grindingly, frustratingly difficult than I anticipated, and the results, while usable, would be a bit embarrassing to release to the Poser community.

No comments:

Post a Comment