Monday 18 July 2016

Breathing Life 2

Work continues on the rigging of figures.  It has become something of an obsession now, and is beginning to eat into my bedtimes in the evening.  Which is probably a good sign.

The penguin is looking a lot healthier, as is the monkey.  Doing this is giving me fresh insight into what a time-consuming business rigging is: naming each body part, setting limits, assigning polygons to different bones, etc.  It is also teaching me a lot about the importance of good modelling.  I have discovered that my monkey's tail isn't anywhere near subdivided enough, and there is no way to fix this in the rigging process - it's just not going to bend naturally.  My only options are to start again with a modified version of the model or create a new figure for the tail and attach it to the monkey's bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment