Tuesday 11 October 2016

Razorback pictures

I am currently working on illustrations for my Razorback story.  My chosen method is to create the scenes using Poser, Bryce, and reference pics from the web (where models are unavailable) and base my final pictures on that.  To that end, I've been putting together models of the characters in Poser, modifying the geometry of existing models and adding accessories and props to make them as close to the characters in my head as possible.  My alien reptile bounty hunter (shown in an image in a previous post), for example, is created by placing the Poser Velociraptor's head onto Michael's body, and adding the Velociraptor's tail, some custom-made accessories, and modifying the legs to make them more dinosaur-like.
The biggest headache has been Razorback, the hero of the story.  In the story he's a two foot-tall cat-like alien with a lynx-like face and backward-jointed legs (like a cat's rear legs).  A few years ago, the perfect model on which to base Razorback was available online; all that was needed was to change the figure's proportions to make them more childlike. Unfortunately, that model requires a piece of software called an "Objaction Mover" and the original Poser 4 man in order to work, and the Poser 4 man has been changed in later versions of Poser. 
My workaround has been to take one of the child models that ship with Poser and stick a cat's head on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment