Tuesday 11 April 2017

Portrait


A picture of the lead actress from the TV show Orphan Black. I've realised that the best way to draw a human face may be to start with the facial features and then draw the head around it rather than doing what I've always done (starting with the head and then struggling to fit the facial features inside it). The latter is yet another technique learned from "How To Draw Comics The Marvel Way" which may work for John Buscema but which really doesn't work for me. Constructing human figures from boxes and cylinders is another example.

I don't normally do drawings from photos of celebrities, feeling that there are a multitude of artists out there in Instagramland and vending such pictures on London pavements who are much better at that sort of thing than I am. However, one of the young people who I work with requested it.

No comments:

Post a Comment