Thursday 27 April 2017

WIP - Assessment

This pic is mostly finished now - the shadows were a pain to put in but help to make the picture look less flat. In the end I decided to add a bunny to the group of guys with clipboards (not for any particular reason, I just felt like drawing a sinister-looking bunny - maybe the influence of Easter).
There's a nice big space in the picture for a pithy punchline or maybe a verse from scripture, but I can't at present think of anything.

I've stopped posting pictures on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook recently, having become disillusioned with the whole social media thing. This leaves the question of what to actually do with the pictures that I produce. I've been putting the finished ones on my website, but still have the problem of how to direct people to the website.

I've had some outstanding jobs on the back-burner for ages, like producing a business card and ordering prints of my pictures to put in frames. It seems important to have something in the real world to show people, otherwise they just don't bother looking at your stuff. I was having a conversation with a friend recently who said that the reason she doesn't look at photos posted online by her friends is because there is too much too look at online as it is. On the internet your stuff can get very easily drowned out by the noise being made by the multitude of other artists, writers, podcasters, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment