Sunday 8 March 2015

Back from the dead... again!

Well, it has been a busy few months!  I've set up my own website at: http://simonfaiers.wix.com/simonsbrain, I've joined Instagram, and I've finally managed to bash the first chapter of my "Razorback" story into a completed form.
The website is broken down into separate sections for cartoons, 3D work, "Razorback" (from which the first chapter of the story can be downloaded) and "Random Doodles" (which encompasses anything that isn't "finished work" - sketches of people, silly cartoons that I couldn't be bothered to draw up properly, and works in progress).I've been doing a lot of pencil drawings, sketching outside, or drawing people that I know, and that has been taking up most of my spare time.  The pencil drawings, and any completed cartoons, are added to the website and also uploaded to Twitter, from which they also appear on my Facebook page.  At present, nobody is really looking at my website (predictably!) so social media is the only way to get these pictures seen.  The 3D work has fallen by the wayside, although I have got around to uploading some of my models onto Renderosity.  This in particular has been quite nerve-wracking, a bit like sending your child away to school.  Suddenly they're out of your hands and in the "real world".

One very nice discovery of a few months ago was that somebody had come across my Lego Rom picture and put it on their blog:
http://romspaceknightart.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/when-goofy-rom-art-deosnt-suck.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment