Saturday 21 March 2015

Progress report

Chapter 2 of Razorback is being knocked into shape at the moment.  It's coming together, although by no means finished - the main concern is that it needs to be consistent with the new plotline that I've grafted on to the story.  I'm already thinking ahead to illustrating the thing, however, and to this end I've downloaded DAZ Studio onto my computer to see how well it works as an artist's reference tool.  This is, predictably, throwing up the kind of technical issues that put me off 3D in the first place.  The latest version of DAZ Studio is too big to download.  I've installed an older version (4-point-something) but when I try to load Poser figures (my own or other people's) the program complains about not being able to find the correct geometry files and gives up.  When I try importing my own models as Wavefront files, the textures won't load properly.  Basically, I'm getting distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment