Monday 9 March 2015

Random doodles

Over the past year I've been doing a lot of pencil drawing, using coloured pencils rather than traditional lead pencils (as coloured pencils put up more resistance on the paper and are therefore easier to control).  A lot of my pictures are figurative, portraits of work colleagues, family, friends, and anyone who will sit still for long enough.  I've also been going out a lot and drawing sculptures in public places such as museums (again, because sculptures stay still).  London is a great place for doing that sort of thing.
I've been using the same medium for drawing cartoons and putting silly ideas on paper.  Because coloured pencil doesn't rub out, I then have to trace the original drawing when producing an inked and coloured version.
The process of doing "finished" work remains as slow as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment