Friday 3 June 2016

Poser reference


A while ago I had this idea of using Poser as a reference tool for producing illustrations for my Razorback story.  I managed to produce a few suitable models for some of the characters - Razorback, Matt, Charley and Roptar - but then I got sidetracked for about a decade.  Just lately, with the writing of the story having taken off, the idea of using Poser as a reference tool for the illustrations has resurfaced.  Unfortunately, the original models that I produced got lost when my computer was stolen (around 2008) so I've got to produce the characters again.
These are not meant to look exactly like the characters, just resemble them enough so I can base pictures on them.  I think of it as being like dressing actors up in costumes.  Matt was produced by taking DAZ's Michael figure and producing a bunch of extra bits (belt, shoulder pads, etc.) using Wings.  Razorback was also based on Michael, but with his proportions shrunk to child size, the legs distorted a bit to give them a more feline structure, and DAZ's Millennium cat's head and tail added.  So far so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment